Online Crime Reporting
Welcome to the Boise Police Department Online Reporting System. If you need police assistance immediately, please call 911! Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately. Please confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Boise City limits?
- There are NO KNOWN suspects?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
What Happens after I file a Report?
- You will see the words: "Your report has been submitted" showing that your report is complete.
- You will be given a temporary number. If the report is approved based on the above criteria, you will receive a permanent case number.
- You will be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Reports that are incomplete or do not meet the criteria listed above may be rejected.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
By choosing to file a report online, I agree that I have read the above information and understand that filing a false police report is a crime.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer : If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 208-377-6790.
Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this system?
Answer : No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Boise please call the police department for that city.
Question: Can I file a report for insurance purposes?
Answer: Yes, we will provide a department report number for your insurance needs upon completion of a online police report.
Question: What is a known suspect?
Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.
Questions:How do I report graffiti?
Answer: Graffiti reports need to be called into dispatch at (208) 377-6790