Boise Police Department
News Release

William L. Bones
Chief of Police

Contact: BPD Media Relations Office


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Standoff Ends Peacefully

021211 Standoff Ends Peacefully

    Boise, Feb 13, 2011 - Boise Police arrested two people, one for felony aggravated assault, following a standoff in West Boise last night.

    Arrested: Kimberly R. "Sonny" Young, 38, Boise

    Charges: Aggravated Assault (F), domestic battery (m)

    Arrested: Stephen W. Dougal, 55, Boise

    Charges: Violation of a No Contact Order (m), Domestic Battery - 2 counts (m)

    What Happened: Detectives spent several hours last night interviewing witnesses and suspects in an effort to determine exactly what happened in the home that led to a near 3-hour standoff last night. The investigation revealed a No Contact Order in place between the two adults arrested. Dougal is charged with violating that court order. He is also accused of spraying pepper spray at suspect Young and another woman who were inside the house during the family fight. Suspect Young is accused of firing a gun during the argument. No one was injured during the incident.



    Boise, Feb 12, 2011, 9:00 p.m. - Boise Police are questioning several people after a nearly three-hour stand off ended peacefully in West Boise tonight.

    What Happened: Police were called at 4:03 p.m. by a witness reporting a violent domestic situation at a home just west of Ustick and Milwaukee Streets. When officers arrived, they found a woman outside the home reporting she thought she heard a gunshot as she was leaving the home during the quarrel. The woman told officers she believed a man and woman were still inside the home. Numerous efforts by officers to make contact with the pair failed. The woman did confirm to officers that weapons were inside the home. The Boise Police SWAT team was called out to make entry into the home if necessary and to protect the neighborhood. An adjacent home was evacuated as a precaution. 

    At approx 6:15 p.m., a woman walked out of the home and contacted officers. Then approx. 6:45 p.m. a man walked out the back and met officers who'd been stationed there watching the house. Neither were hurt.

    During the situation, for neighborhood safety, officers had Ustick blocked between Milwaukee and Maple Grove. Residents were understanding despite the inconvenience and officers say their cooperation is appreciated. 

    At this time, investigators continue to question those involve trying to sort out just what occurred. No arrests have been made.