04-23-09 Citizens get News Direct from BPD via E-Mail
Boise, April 23, 2009 - Boise Police are now officering citizens the opportunity to have public safety news sent to them directly via e-mail news alerts!
Click HERE to go directly to the sign up page!
The subscription based alert system is designed to keep citizens aware of public safety issues in our community by getting the information sent directly to their home, business, cell phone or other mobile device via e-mail.
"We know citizens want and need solid, reliable public safety information. With our busy lifestyles, we as a police department need to get that information to citizens as quickly and directly as we can," said Boise Chief of Police Michael Masterson.
"Maybe most important, information direct to citizens from Boise Police includes the background, crime prevention information, even legal definitions that explain to citizens why officers took the actions they did. That context is something media sources often don't have time or space to provide." said Chief Masterson. "We hope citizens chose to use our e-mail alerts as another valuable option in their efforts to stay informed about their community."
How Boise Police E-mail Alerts Work:
When a news release is issued via the Boise Police website, an e-mail alert with a brief description of the topic will be sent directly to the subscriber. If the topic is of interest, the alert contains a link directly to the complete article on the Boise Police website.
How to Sign Up:
It's easy and secure, through what's called "verification", or a "double opt-in" process.
- Log onto www.boisepolice.org and clink on the BPD E-mail Alert System icon.
- You'll be asked to provide a name and valid e-mail address.
- A follow up e-mail will then be sent to that address to verify and confirm the person with that e-mail address wishes to subscribe to the alerts.
- Alerts also include links to unsubscribe at any time. Anyone may sign up for the alerts anonymously, and personal information will not be gathered for use by the department.
Information in the Alerts:
Citizens subscribing to the Boise Police E-mail Alerts will receive information a variety of public safety topics.
- Daily arrest and overnight crime reports; information on crime trends.
- Opportunities for citizen involvement in neighborhood or public safety events.
- New Boise Police policies or procedures, or new or changed Boise City ordinances that deal with police or public safety issues.
- All information provided by Boise Police follows Idaho Code and department policy on the public release of criminal investigation information.
Boise Police E-mail Alerts are up and operational. Sign up now! Click HERE to go directly to the sign up page!