The 10 to 10 zone has been approved by the Boise City Council and will remain in effect for Boise State home football games. A review of the 10 to 10 Zone deemed the program a success after it's pilot program last fall by officers and football fans alike. The 10 to 10 Zone expands the area where fans may legally include alcohol in their tailgates, and allow officers to focus on other more pressing public safety issues.
WHAT IS "THE 10 to 10 ZONE”: Specific areas off-campus where people may consume alcoholic beverages, following the rules below, from 10am to 10pm on Boise State University home football game days only.
RULES FOR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES:
- Allowed only in opaque plastic cups within the Zone.
- Glass containers, beer cans, any type of liquor bottle or cups with alcoholic labeling are prohibited.
- Anyone consuming alcohol must be at least 21 years of age.
WHERE IS "THE 10 to 10 ZONE”: The “Zone” begins at Broadway Ave and Myrtle St., extends south down Broadway to Beacon, turns west along Beacon, north up Oakland Ave., west on Potter Dr., north again up S. Joyce St., and then west along University Dr. all the way to Capitol Blvd. The boundary extends north along Capitol Blvd. and turns east onto Cesar Chavez Ln, crosses Friendship Bridge north, and leads into Julia Davis Park. In the park, the “10 to 10 Zone” boundary is the area east of Zoo Boise to Broadway St. and any area south of Julia Davis Pond.
The goals of the "10 to 10 Zone”:
- Reduce the number of open container tickets issued within the Boise State University game day tailgating areas given to otherwise law-abiding citizens.
- Reduce the number of problems that occur in the neighborhoods south and east of the stadium.
- Allow police officers to focus law enforcement resources on other, more pressing safety on game days like behavior that threatens safety.
- Will expire June 1, 2014. To be re-evaluated at that time.
Download a 10 to 10 Zone MAP
Download rules for the 10 to 10 Zone
Boise State's first home football game this season is September 6, kick off at 8:15 p.m. against the Rams of Colorado State . Go Broncos!