Another Dense Fog Advisory has been issued for the Boise area tonight and tomorrow morning by the National Weather Service. Boise Police urge motorists to use caution when driving in foggy conditions and remember the following advice:
- Drive with lights on LOW beam. High beams will reflect off the fog, creating a "white wall" effect.
- Reduce your speed - and watch your speedometer. Fog creates a visual illusion of slow motion when you may actually be speeding.
- Avoid crossing traffic lanes.
- Travel with the drivers window partially open. Listen for traffic.
- If your car is disabled or you cant continue, pull well onto the shoulder and turn off lights. If you get out, move well away from your vehicle and away from traffic.
- Consider postponing your trip until the fog lifts.
Hazardous Weather Information Issued by NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BOISE ID
A DENSE FOG ADVISORY FOR THE TREASURE VALLEY AND THE UPPER WEISER RIVER BASIN REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM MST TUESDAY.
* VISIBILITY...ONE-QUARTER OF A MILE OR LESS.
* TIMING...THROUGH TOMORROW LATE MORNING...AT LEAST.
* IMPACTS...POOR VISIBILITY. PLEASE EXERCISE EXTRA CAUTION IF YOU ARE TRAVELING.
A DENSE FOG ADVISORY MEANS VISIBILITIES WILL FREQUENTLY BE REDUCED TO LESS THAN ONE QUARTER MILE. IF DRIVING...SLOW DOWN...
USE YOUR HEADLIGHTS...AND LEAVE PLENTY OF DISTANCE AHEAD OF YOU.
.DENSE FOG IS EXPECTED TO LAST THROUGH THE NIGHT OVER MUCH OF THE ADVISORY AREA. THEREFORE A DENSE FOG ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED ALL THE WAY THROUGH 11 AM MST TOMORROW.