The following news release was issued by Garden City Police this afternoon and is being reissued here to assist in the effort to find information about this missing woman.
Monday, October 28, 2013 12:30 PM (MST)
GARDEN CITY – Local authorities have teamed up with Yakima County Sheriff authorities who have traveled to the Treasure Valley in search of clues to the whereabouts of Estela Rios-Gonzalez, 30.
Garden City Police are working with Yakima County Sheriff Investigators as they follow-up leads In the disappearance of Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez who went missing from Yakima in early October. Her vehicle was recovered Friday in a Garden City McDonald’s parking lot. The 2002 Chevrolet Van was abandoned in the parking lot sometime back in early October.
Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez was last seen in the company of her ex-boyfriend, German Garcia, 40, in Yakima County. Neither has been seen in weeks.
Yakima County Sheriff’s Detective Dave Johnson, the lead investigator in the case, says “there are extraordinary circumstances in this case and we believe someone in the Treasure Valley may have clues as to the whereabouts of Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez.”
Det. Johnson offered the following timeline associated with this case:
- October 1, 2013: Estela Rios-Gonzalez left her home in Toppenish, WA (Yakima County)
- October 2, 2013: Family members reported Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez missing to authorities
- October 2, 2013: Detectives learned that both Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez and her ex-boyfriend, Mr. Garcia, were leaving a Casino together in Yakima County at about 1:00 AM. They were in her Chevrolet van – she was a passenger.
- October 4, 2013: Detectives had tracked Mr. Garcia to the Treasure Valley area.
- October 8, 2013: Seeking public assistance, police broadcasted a description of Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez, Mr. Garcia and the van.
- October 10, 2013: Detectives learned that Mr. Garcia had stayed one night in a local Boise Motel alone.
- October 25, 2013: Mrs. Rios-Gonzalez’s van was recovered abandoned at a local McDonald’s restaurant.
"We need the public’s help in locating this mother of three who has not been in contact with her children or family for almost a month now”, Det. Johnson said.
Crime Stoppers: Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Estela Rios-Gonzalez or German Garcia is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 343-COPS or log onto www.343cops.com.
Previous Release from Boise PD:
Boise, Oct. 8, 2013 - Boise Police have information that a missing woman from Yakima may have been in Boise last week.
Estela Rios-Gonzalez, 30, was reported missing by her family in Yakima County, Washington on October 2nd. On Oct. 4th, there's evidence the woman was in Boise.
The woman's family tells investigators with Yakima County that she left to run an errand the evening of October 2nd and never returned. Washington state investigators believe Mrs Rios-Gonzalez may be with an ex-boyfriend, German Garcia who is wanted for questioning. The pair may be traveling in Mrs Rios-Gonzalez vehicle, a grey 2002 Chevrolet Venture with Washington license plates ABR4784.
Estela Rios-Gonzalez, 30, 5'7", 160 lbs, brown eyes
German Garcia, 40, 5' 4", 140 lbs.
Crime Stoppers: Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Estela Rios-Gonzalez or German Garcia is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 343-COPS, or log onto www.343cops.com, or text CRIMES or 274637, subject: Tip236.
News Release issued by the Yakima County Sheriff's Office: