02-03-10 Broadway Closed southbound due to water main
Boise, Feb 3, 2010, 10:15 a.m. - Updates
on the closure of southbound Broadway Ave due to a broken water
- The Broadway closure has been extended, now affecting
southbound Broadway Ave. traffic between Myrtle St. and Beacon
- At this time, the closure is expected to last at least the next
- Crews from United Water are on scene working to repair the
broken water main.
- Mark Snider, spokesman for United Water says it's unknown what
exactly caused the break, that was reported at approx 4:30 a.m.
this morning.Snider says no customers are affected and no homes or
businesses are without water due to the break.
- Southbound traffic has been rerouted onto the W. Parkcenter
bridge, then west onto Beacon St. to continue onto southbound
- The greenbelt at the Broadway bridge remains open, however the
path is covered by some mud and sand, which crews are working to
Boise Police appreciate the cooperation
of United Water, the Ada County Highway District, Boise Parks and
Recreation and the Idaho Transportation Department in efforts to
keep the public up to date on this closure.