08-05-08 Drug House Bust
Boise, August 5, 2008 - After tips from citizens and Boise Police Patrol Officers working the area, Boise Police Neighborhood Contact Officers served a search warrant on a suspected drug house Monday.
Arrested: Miranda M. Henslee, 27, Boise
Charges: Possession Methamphetamine (F), Possession Marijuana (m), Possession Drug Paraphernalia (m)
Arrested: Robert D. Kinney, 34, Garden City
Charges: Possession Marijuana (m), Frequenting Place where Drugs used (m)
What Happened: Boise Police, after several months of investigation, found enough evidence to serve a search warrant on a suspected drug house on the 7100 blk. of W. Poplar. Inside the home, officers found methamphetamine, marijuana, pipes and a syringe. The two adults in the home were taken to the Ada County Jail on the above charges. Officers also found two children inside the home, both under age 9. The children were placed in the custody of State Health & Welfare.
Safety Tips for Neighbors: Boise Police Neighborhood Contact Officers investigate citizens tips on possible drug houses. Officers say there are several things neighbors should watch for that could be clues to drug activity.
- Traffic coming and going from the home at all hours.
- Visitors who stay only a short period of time.
- Vehicles that stop at a house, someone walks from the house to the car for a short interaction, then the vehicle drives off.
- Visitors to the home may park several houses away or around the block and walk the rest of the way to the house.
- Someone from the home gets inside a vehicle, takes a very short drive, then return.
Boise Police urge anyone with any information on neighborhood drug activity to please call Crime Stoppers at 343-COPS, or log onto www.boisepolice.org and click on Neighborhood Services to contact your Neighborhood Contact Officer.