Community Meeting on Illegal Drugs
Boise, March 1, 2007 - A Boise Police Neighborhood Contact Officer is helping organize a community meeting on illegal drug use, specifically in Boise Bench neighborhoods.
Community members are urged to attend with questions and ideas.
What: Bench Community Meeting: Illegal Drugs in Our Community
When: Sunday, March 4, 2007
Where: Sacred Heart Church, Faith Hall, 811 S. Latah
Time: 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
On Site Contact: Officer Will Reimers, Boise Police Neighborhood Contact Officer
Last year on the Boise Bench, Boise Police busted 45 drug houses. This community meeting will pose two important questions:
- How do we respond as a community?
- How can we help each other?
Also attending and speaking at the meeting:
- District Court Judge Ron Wilper
- Boise City Council Member Jim Tibbs
- Ada County Prosecutors Office Representative
- Parole & Probation Officers
- Boise Police Crime Prevention Specialist
- Catholic Charities Representative
- Region IV Health & Welfare Representative
Please help spread the word about this important community discussion, and if you're a resident of a Bench neighborhood, please attend, and urge your neighbors to attend as well.