Qualifications to be a Boise Police Officer
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age by the date of hire. (20 years of age by the date of the written examination.)
- Have completed 60 semester credits from a regionally accredited college (to verify if a college is accredited, click here),
- OR have a combination of prior military service and 30 semester credits,
- OR have an Idaho P.O.S.T. Intermediate Certificate. An out-of-state Intermediate Certificate equivalent may be substituted for the college requirement.
Applicants MUST NOT:
- Have used marijuana (legal and illegal) within the past three (3) years,
- Have used other controlled substance use within the past five (5) years,
- Have any felony convictions over the age of 18,
- Have received any DUI's in last two (2) years,
- Have received two (2) DUI’s in last five (5) years, or
- Have received more than 5 traffic violations in last three (3) years.
For detailed information on our hiring process, please click on "Our Hiring Process."
- Meet the above standards
- Have at least one year of patrol experience off probation