Shopping Mall Safety Tips
Boise Police join law enforcement nationwide in urging shoppers to follow these safety tips, regardless of where you shop, to keep your shopping trip a safe one:
- Park in well-lit areas close to your destination.
- If shopping alone ask security personnel for an escort to your car. Carry your keys in your hand to use as a weapon if necessary.
- When entering your car, remember E.L.F.S. — Enter the car, Lock the doors, Fasten seat belts and Scram.
- Pick restrooms in well-lit and well-trafficked areas. Always accompany children to the restroom.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and the things you’re carrying. Don’t overload yourself with packages or become distracted by your cell phone.
- Always know where the closest exit is located in case of fire or another emergency
Shopping Safety Tips